Also known as a Preventive Maintenance Program, a Preventive Maintenance Plan helps you maintain, repair, and replace any possible issues in your project before they have a chance to occur, thereby avoiding any mistakes that hinder progress and scaling of the project.
It consists of various tools and assets that help detect and correct the defaults before the occurrence of a complete breakdown. Furthermore, a Preventive Maintenance Plan also ensures the reliable and effective progress of the project.
- 1 How Can You Create A Preventive Maintenance Plan?
- 2 How Is A Preventive Maintenance Plan Helpful?
- 3 What Is The Importance Of Preventive Maintenance?
- 4 What Does Project Scaling Mean?
- 5 How Can Preventive Maintenance Help in Scaling Your Projects?
- 6 What Is A Computerised Maintenance Management System?
- 7 Conclusion
How Can You Create A Preventive Maintenance Plan?
A Preventive Maintenance Plan can help you to carefully set up and manage a project and its different tasks. To create a Preventive Maintenance Plan, you must follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Define the short-term and long-term goals of your project
- Create an inventory of your workforce, tools, equipment, etc.
- Set your priorities from the project
- Create the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Maintenance Plan
- Review the plan and make necessary changes, if any
How Is A Preventive Maintenance Plan Helpful?
In a project, a preventive maintenance plan can be helpful in the following ways:
- It can help to maintain the quality of production
- It can extend the life of the tools and equipment used in the project
- It can reduce the risks of asset breakdown and failure
- It can help you to reduce your overall project costs while improving your operations
- It can help to reduce the amount of paperwork and manual data entry required in a project
What Is The Importance Of Preventive Maintenance?
Preventive Maintenance is one of the simplest yet important strategies to maintain a project and its progress. Establishing Preventive Maintenance can boost the planning and efficiency of your project while lowering breakdown-related risks. It can also help in the proper implementation and evaluation of the goals of the project.
For an organization running to achieve certain time-barred goals and targets, it is essential to choose preventive maintenance. There are plenty of ways in which it can bring benefits to the organization in terms of time and costs.
Preventive Maintenance also analyses the performance of projects with proper planning, regular scheduling, and coordination. Thereafter, this program can also help you achieve your short as well as long term goals by doing the following:
- Using documentation to improve audit conformity
- Increasing efficiency and productivity
- Using mobile maintenance to reduce paperwork
What Does Project Scaling Mean?
Scaling a project usually means:
- A need for more assets for a smooth operation
- A bigger team to maintain the project
- An increased number of tools and equipment required for the project
- An increased need for the proper scheduling and tracking of different tasks
In the long run, most organizations aim to scale their reach in terms of revenue and operations. The dynamic environment surrounding most organizations today demands them to lead in the scheme of organizational superiority if they are to overtake their competitors and mark a name for themselves in their domain.
How Can Preventive Maintenance Help in Scaling Your Projects?
The main goal of any project is to expand it and take it to the next level. Preventive Maintenance is useful for the preservation of your project from its development to the advanced stage. With the expansion of a project, you also face many changes and challenges that are associated with scaling.
Preventive Maintenance, with its tools and features, will help maintain the project’s data in a single place. This includes different features of the project as well, such as data reports, documents, research, analytics, and more.
When performed consistently, a Preventive Maintenance Plan can help you simplify the maintenance measures for your project and lower risks of expensive disruptions, project downtime, and an overall reduction in the administrative work related to the maintenance of the project.
Scaling a project requires additional assets, an increased workforce, new procedures, strategies, and additional costs. This is where Preventive Maintenance is useful since it ensures that everything is in compliance with each other. By using a Preventive Maintenance Plan, you can perform a more efficient and smooth transition, in addition to an easier scaling of your project.
A Preventive Maintenance Plan will also help in adjusting the difficulties and challenges that arise with the scaling of your project. The plan will cater to the smallest issue related to the maintenance of a project during its scaling.
From inventory issues, maintenance backlog, and lack of skills in the workforce to poor communication, low assets, and an increased workload, Preventive Maintenance can keep a check of everything.
What Is A Computerised Maintenance Management System?
Commonly known as CMMS, a Computerised Maintenance Management System is a software package that helps to maintain the database of information about a project’s maintenance operations. It is also one of the main tools of a Preventive Maintenance Plan. Using CMMS, you can schedule, plan, manage, and keep track of your project’s maintenance activities in a single place.
Some of the components of a CMMS include:
- Equipment data management
- Work order system
- Vendor management
- Inventory control
- Asset tracking
A CMMS is also used to integrate the different data from various tools and programs of a project to improve the project continuously, thereby conducting Preventive Maintenance of the same.
Since it includes many different analytical tools and features, it is great for scaling your projects. Furthermore, with CMMS, you can also add new assets, reassign work, and track the progress of your project.
A CMMS offers benefits that can help you track the Preventive Maintenance processes, thereby providing:
- Enhanced reliability
- Efficient data collection
- Efficient data management
- Increased project productivity
- Simplified record-keeping process
- Reduced overhead charges
- Facilitation of predictive management of the project through the collection of data
- Reduced scaling downtime
In many cases, a task may not get completed on time. Here, CMMS can store the data and adjust the schedule for the same. It can also manage any different checklists related to the project. Choosing between preventive vs predictive maintenance can be challenging at first, though.
To usefully achieve Preventive Maintenance in a project, a Computerised Maintenance Management System will help you define, measure, analyze, improve, and control the project’s different segments and processes.
It will thus streamline the entire scaling process of your project by maintaining low costs and enhanced productivity.
This is Rohan, I’m a Digital marketing Expert, Full time Content Writer and founder of BoxerTechnology.com I can help people across the world through my articles. I am sharing the latest stories from companies like Apple, Samsung, Google, and Amazon.