Apple’s most celebrated and sought after IPhone has discovered its way to a whooping number of pockets throughout the world. The very fact that you get to see an innumerable number of machines and devices surrounding you will make you realize that you are in an epoch of mobile computing. The revolution brought about by the cell phones has changed your very lifestyle by having made you accessible and available to anyone and everyone, anytime. But the revolutionary changes that have been introduced by the smart phones to the universe are even greater. The transformations of machines have brought changes in the concepts that people generally have about phones and devices. The topic of conversation now is not just limited to the normal cell phones anymore; it now deals with higher levels of computing.
An IPhone is a cellular device that is the consequence of the mobile industry that has undergone rapid revolutionary changes. It offers a perfect blend of IPod and phone in a single device. The IPhone is popular with people from all walks of life, as it suits the needs of youngsters, tech geeks and business professionals too.
A brief insight into some interesting facts and features of the IPhone is sure to put you in to a state of amazement.
- You will be mystified to know that the first IPhone was designed in 1983! Apple’s developer of computers, Hartmut Esslingen, designed this device but it didn’t resemble the IPhone of today. A landline phone with an in built interface that was stylus controlled, it presaged the designs for touch screen employed by today’s I Phones and I Pads.
- In collaboration with AT&T Mobility, Apple managed to construct the device in a span of over 30 months. Reports say that the company invested a massive one hundred and fifty million US dollars for this particular project. The device was initially launched in six countries, but now it has a global appearance. Apple is also said to have spent more than one million dollars for the domain name “iPhone.com”.
- IPhone made its debut during keynote addressing at Macworld Conference and Expo in San Francisco on the 9th of January, 2007. It was publicly notified by the then Apple-CEO, Steve Jobs.
- ABC featured the first advertisement for IPhones, captioned “Hello” which was aired during seventy ninth Academy Awards on the 25th of February, 2007.
- I Phones have some amazing apps like Lie Detector Scan that can identify if a person is lying by his/her pulse and body heat from his/her fingers, Age Calculator that can calculate a person’s age yearly, monthly, date wise, and also in hours, minutes or seconds, and also supports complicated games like Party Poker, etc.
- The history of IPhones exhibits that over 6 million original I Phones were sold over 5 quarters. The end of 2010 has witnessed the sale of about seventy four million I Phones. The first weekend of I Phone 3GS release saw a sale of over one million devices while the number of IPhone 4S that was sold within the first three days of its availability was approximately 1.7 million.
- Over eighty percent of the users of I Phones use their device for more than fifteen times a day!